I got this idea from the 21 Day Keto Reset as well. I never thought of using Collards as a wrap before until I bought one at Whole Foods made by Eat Gud Whole Foods. I became obsessed with making a delicious lemony tahini dressing and making a delicious collard wrap. So this is a conglomeration of a lot of different things… it was also kind of hard to organize because I drew from so many different places. It might look painstaking and time consuming at first, but the different parts of this are very versatile and can be used for many different things!
IE, the tahini dressing can be used to taste here, on the herb salad and saved in the fridge for other things.
4 Big Collard Leaves
4 slices organic turkey breast
1c Herbacious Tahini Cole Slaw
- Use a knife to cut the thick unedible part of the collard stem… you should end up with a heart(ish) shaped leaf
- Place a slice of turkey breast onto the collard leaf and place ¼ cup herbacioud tahini cole slaw on top.
- Tuck the tails of the wrap in and roll the wrap. I like to leave the top open so I can add more dressing, but you can also close the top if you’d like!
Recipe for Tahini Dressing:
1/4c avocado oil or EVOO
1 tbsp braggs liquid aminos, coconut aminos or tamari
Juice from ½ lemon
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ tsp minced ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender (like Vitamix)
- Slowly add warm water until the dressing is thick, but pourable… I usually vary from about 1/3-1/2 cup because I like a thick, spoonable dressing. If you like a thinner, runnier dressing add more. It’s completely to taste.
Recipe for Slaw:
1/2c fresh cilantro
1/2c fresh Italian parsley
1 small bag broccoli slaw, or just regular cole slaw
1 avocado, cubed
*to me, the arugula has a really peppery taste. Sometimes I’m into it, sometimes I’m not. To me, this ingredient is optional. If I don’t use arugula, I usually compensate by adding more herbs or cole slaw.
- Finely chop cilantro and parsley together, then add the slaw.
- Pour in desired amount of dressing and mix well
- Toss gently with the arugula, if using and top with avocado.