The texture on these is insane.
I had my doubts about these, but these are unbelievable. The texture is out of this world and the carrot cake attributes really lend themselves well to cinnamon rolls! They also happen to be gluten free and sugar free, which can be pretty convenient for some folks. Most of the recipe I used was from Lil Sippers blog and can be found here
I will say, these are not terribly sweet on their own, which I liked. Much of the perceived sweetness comes from the cinnamon and the carrots. The carrots also give the dough a moist, fluffy texture with a slight bit of crunch which is just perfect for these cinnamon rolls. If you’re used to a very sweet cinnamon roll, you’ll probably need to add some sweetener. I also would never omit the raisins, but that’s just me 🥰
Video coming soon! I’ll update this post ❤️🙏🏻
- 2 cups quinoa flour (2C oats also works well or 1C of each!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups full fat greek yogurt or vanilla flavored yogurt if needed for added sweetness
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup (optional for added sweetness)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon
- Walnuts (optional and to taste)
- Raisins (optional and to taste)
- 3tbsp Coconut butter, melted
- Blend oats, baking soda and baking powder until a fine powder forms.
- In a bowl, mix flour and greek yogurt to create a dough (best works if hands are coated with coconut oil).
- Roll into small balls, coat in shredded carrots, then shape into long rods.
- Sprinkle each rod with cinnamon, walnuts and raisins.
- Roll into pinwheels and assemble in baking dish. Once all are assembled, bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add extra nuts or raisins if desired and pour desired amount of melted coconut oil over all cinnamon rolls.