Oh my sweet mercy. Move over peanut butter banana toast, there’s a new chief in town. I was super skeptical when I first saw this on food52, tucked away under Kristen Miglorious’ Genius Recipes. And she found this from Apollonia Poilâne’s new book, Poilane.
So naturally. I had to make it. Try it. Fall in love with it. And never look back.
I haven’t made peanut butter banana toast since. Yikes!
Good news is that it’s just as easy to make. All you need is what you see pictured: a banana, lime + zest, avocado, toast and some crushed red pepper. Yes. Lime and crushed red pepper. Trust me. You’ll be glad you did.
All you do now is assemble:
- 1 ripe banana, not over ripe, but just right, sliced
- 2 slices of bread (if you’re fancy and doing it right- I didn’t here- you’ll use Sourdough)
- 1 ripe medium avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Splash of lime juice (to taste, 2tsp-2tbsp)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- Toast your bread
- Spread mashed avocado on toast. Top with banana slices, lime zest, lime juice and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with honey.
- That is literally it. Now take a bite and notice how your taste buds explode. And your brain gets a little confused. But then realizes its in a good way and you can’t stop…