You won’t even miss the noods.
I don’t know. You be the judge. Do you miss them in there?
Ok, full disclosure. I pretty much got this recipe from the Minimalist Baker blog. I made it probably 9 zillion times, made a few tweaks, removed the tofu and this is how I like it best. So I wanted to document it here for future reference.
Ok, here are the deets.
What you need:
1. 2.5 tbsp almond butter
3. Juice from 1 lime
4. Pinch red pepper flakes
5. 1tbsp maple syrup
– 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced thinly (think noodle-ish looking strips
– 1 med orange bell pepper
– 4 long carrots, shaved with a peeler (see image below)
– 6 large collard leaves, stems removed (roll them lengthwise and then slice them thinly to create mor noodle like strips (also see image below)
– 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
– 1 tsp coconut aminos
1. Blend all sauce ingredients in a high powered blender. Once incorporated add a little bit of warm/hot water (1/4c or so) so the ingredients will emulsify a bit. You will notice the sauce changes color. You can also totally whisk the ingredients together, I just blend it because sometimes nut butters annoy me to whisk! Im lazy and high maintenance, what can I say?
2. For the veggies, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add about 1 tsp sesame oil and add your cabbage and bell pepper for about 2 minutes. Add the 1 tsp coconut aminos
3. Add the collard green strips and carrots. Sauté for a couple more minutes and then add the almond butter sauce mixture.
4. Toss to coat evenly and sauté for a couple more minutes. Feel free to taste here to see if you like the flavors. You can always squeeze in a bit more like for tartness, maple syrup for sweetness or the aminos for a saltier palate 🥰