… with Anti-inflammatory turmeric and no added sugar. Thought I’d leave that part out of the title, because some would just keep on scrollin’ if they read that and not even give these babies a try🤣🤷🏻♀️! But I promise. These are AMAZING!
I adapted this from @minimalistbakers recipe for golden balls. Also super amazing.
These bad boys literally melt in your mouth and I’m drooling just thinking about them…
Ok, so here goes. What you need:
Dash black pepper
* coconut flour is the most dense, but also the most potent in terms of flavor. You can play around with a mix of almond flour/coconut flour here, just be mindful of the texture. I also know the brand of coconut flour you use here also makes a difference, so feel free to play around with the consistency. In the end, your want a firm, yet pliable dough you can roll into a ball
**option to add a couple tbsp of maple syrup as well. I don’t, because the natural sweetness from the almond butter and coconut flour are enough for me!
1/4c coconut oil
**could also use a mixture of cocoa powder and coconut oil for absolutely zero sugar, but that’s a little tough on the palate and proportion! Plus it’s not how I did it, soooo I can’t really write about it yet!
1. Melt coconut oil and almond butter over med/low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth and homogeneous.
2. Stir in your vanilla, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon and optional maple syrup.
3. Pour your coconut flour into a separate mixing bowl.
4. Pour almond butter mixture over the coconut flour and stir until the coconut flour absorbs the liquid and becomes doughy.
5. Place mixture in the fridge to cool for about 15-30min (it will also firm up here)
6. While Dough is chilling, let’s make the chocolate coating! All you do here is stir your chocolate chips and coconut oil per low heat until melts and homogeneous.
7. Remove your chocolate from heat and let that thicken up a little too. The thicker the chocolate, the thicker the coating 🤤
8. Now we’re ready for assembly! Take the almond butter mixture out of the fridge. Spoon and roll it into little balls.
9. Once those are done, spoon or dunk them into chocolate to coat.