THIS. This side blew.me.away. I couldn’t stop, it was so dang good. I adapted this from the 21 Day Keto Reset. I kept the same procedure, but omitted, subbed and swapped things like gorgonzola for gruyere (I don’t really like gruyere). And I took out the crushed pork rind topping because that sounded disgusting to me. But I definitely kept the same idea.
This was crazy good. It was rich, cheesy, creamy, crunchy and fresh all at the same time. I think next time I’ll add cayenne. Cuz I like it 🔥
4c broccoli florets
4c cauliflower florets
2tbsp grassfed butter
3/4c sour cream
3/4c crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1tbsp Dijon mustard
1tbsp dry thyme
1tsp kosher salt
1tsp cracked black pepper
1/2c grated parmesan
Directions: Preheat oven to 375
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into smaller, more bite size florets.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add broccoli and cauliflower. Let that sit for 2 minutes. Stir it up a bit and let the florets on the top grab some heat and butter from the bottom. Let it sit for 2 minutes again. Remove from heat.
- In another bowl, mix the sour cream, gorgonzola, salt and pepper.
- I just pour the cheese mixture into the veggies in the pan and stir it, but you could also add the veggies to the sauce if your bowl is big enough.
- Transfer the veggie mixture into a pyrex or casserole dish and sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly on the edges and the veggies are cooked to taste!