Ok. So I am not a strict keto eater. Far from it in fact. I did dabble with it a bit and I liked a lot of aspects of it, to be honest, but I cannot commit fully to that lifestyle with my family without going insane. Thats just me. I know plenty of people do it, but not this mama. I felt like I had to try it though. I mean, if I’m going to speak intelligently about something, I should probably have tried it first…
That being said, there were a lot of things I loved about it. I felt like it really helped my relationship with healthy FATS. And, cooking this way taught me a lot of cool ways to use coconut flour.
One of them was in this easy keto tortilla recipe I found on wayyum.com and I tweaked them a bit to turn them into these really yummy, hearty, filling crepes. I flipping love crepes. Sometimes you just need to fill a yummy eggy wrap with some berries or Nutella, you feel me?
Anyhoo, this is what I did:
– 1/2c coconut flour (I used Bob’s Redmill)
– 6 pasture raised eggs (I used Nellies)
– 1+1/4c almond milk
– 1/2tsp vanilla
– 1 stevia packet
– dash fine ground pink himalaya salt
1. Whisk or blend wet ingredients on low until eggs and milk are homogenous.
2. Add vanilla and stevia and mix again
3. Pour wet into dry and mix well- you will have a very runny batter, but that’s how you want it. It will spread in the pan and cook up like a crepe!… here’s a link to the IG video I did to show what it should look like: Keto Crepe Video
4. Heat an 8″ skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking oil of choice (I used Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray)
5. Pour 1/4 cup-fulls onto your pan and swirl it until it coats the bottom
6. Cover with a lid and cook for about 2 minutes
7. Remove lid, flip, and cook covered for another 1-2 minutes
8. Repeat 12 times or until batter is gone!
9. Fill with berries, Nutella, whip cream, jam etc.
You’ll need a little syrup drizzle, let’s be honest…
And honestly, sometimes I prefer the stack!